The app connects to Shopify as a carrier service, like UPS or FedEx.
That means the app doesn’t interact with other carrier services / calculated rates.
Any rate connected to your shop’s shipping zones — like USPS or a native Shopify price based rate — has the right and privilege to show rates for that zone at checkout. The app cannot stop the other connected rates from showing to that zone. Nor can the app modify other rates connected to a zone.
- When you install the app it automatically added as a calculated rate to all your zones.
- You can add and remove the app from each individual zone.
- If the app is removed as a calculated rate from a shipping zone no rates from the app will show in that zone.
The shipping zones listed in the app for each customer tag are the same shipping zones that you have configured within your Shopify shipping settings.
- The app syncs with your existing Shipping zones.
- The shipping zones present in Shopify are the same shipping zones that will appear in the app.
- When you add, edit, remove a zone in Shopify, go to the app's Sync tab, and Sync Shipping Zones.
- When you add a new shipping zone in Shopify, add the Advanced Shipping Rules app to the zone as a calculated rate. ( Make sure 'Automatically offer new shipping services as they become available' is checked )