Advanced Shipping Rules is another app by Bambri that allows you to set different shipping rates for different groups of products. You can use this app in conjunction with Customer Shipping Rules to expand the possibilities of how you charge shipping to your customers.
Let’s say you offer your retail customers free shipping or a simplified flat rate, but you want to use Customer Shipping Rules to charge more accurate shipping for wholesale customers. You can use Advanced Shipping Rules to configure more complex accurate rates for a variety of different product groups.
- Install and configure Advanced Shipping Rules
- Within Advanced Shipping Rules, go to the Settings tab
- Find the section API Key
- Copy the API Key
- Open the Customer Shipping Rules app
- Go to the Settings tab
- Find the section Advanced Shipping Rules and paste in the API key and click Activate
- Then go to the Customer Tags tab
- Click Edit Rates or Add Rates next to the tag you want to use Advanced Shipping Rules rates for.
- At the top in the banner with the Advanced Shipping Rules logo click Enable Rates
- Rates from Advanced Shipping Rules will now be used for that customer tag
You can make global adjustments to the rates from Advanced Shipping Rules. Add a percentage or flat fee mark-up to the available fields. You can use negative values to decrease the amount.
Remove Advanced Shipping Rules as a Carrier Service
After you’ve integrated Advanced Shipping Rules into Customer Shipping Rules, you should in most cases remove the Advanced Shipping Rules app from your shipping zones.
- Go to Shopify Admin > Settings > Shipping
- Edit a shipping zone
- Scroll to the Calculated Rates section
- Click ‘x’ next to Advanced Shipping Rules