How many different tags can I specify?
You can specify an unlimited amount of tags within the app, each with different rates.
What if a customer has two or more tags that are specified in the app, which rates will show?
If a customer is tagged with multiple tags that are setup in the app, then the tag found in the list of tags is used. So if the sort order is Wholesale, VIP and a customer is tagged with Wholesale and VIP, the rates for Wholesale will be used. You can change the sort order of the tags by going to the Settings tab, find the section Customer Tags Priority and then drag and drop the tags to re-order them.
How do I know if I added the snippet correctly?
If you added the snippet correctly, you will see rates at checkout when using the first name Bambri that have [CSR] at the end. Make sure that you have rates set-up for that tag, and your are logged in as customer who has that tag. If you are using carrier rates for a tag and not seeing any rates, try adding a simple flat rate to a tag to test to see if it appears.
Why are the UPS/USPS rates from the app different from Shopify’s?
The app uses Retail rates all the carrier rates by default. You can alternatively addy our own negotiated rate credentials. However, we do not have access to Shopify’s exact shipping discount for USPS/UPS. You will need to approximate the discount by adding a negative mark-up percentage within the carrier method in the Shipping Cost Adjustment section. For USPS put -12%, for UPS Ground put -22%, and for UPS 2Day/Next Day put -32%.
Can I set a shipping rates to be a percentage of product price?
Yes, when adding a rate to a zone choose the rate type “By Price”, you will see a field for specifying a percentage of product price.
Do I need the real-time calculated rate feature on my shop to use the app, even if I’m only using flat rates?
Yes, in order to use the app, or any 3rd party calculated rate app you need to have the real-time calculated rate feature enabled. You can enable this feature for free when you switch your Shopify account to yearly billing, then contact Shopify support and make a request to add the feature. Or you can contact Shopify support and request the feature be added Ala carte for $20/month.
Why does it say "Not Connected" next to my shipping zone(s)?
If there is a 'Not Connected' label next to a shipping zone in the app, it means that our app has not been added as a carrier service to that shipping zone, or if it has been added, you haven't synced the changes.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Shopify Settings > Shipping, and locate the section 'Shipping Zones'.
- You should see a green icon for our app appearing under each shipping zone. If you do see the icon under each zone, skip to Step 9. Otherwise, go to the next step.
- Edit the shipping zone where our app doesn't appear.
- Scroll to the bottom and locate the section Calculated Rates.
- Click Add Rate, and choose our app from the dropdown.
- Make sure you check the option Automatically offer new shipping services when they become available.
- Save the zone.
- Repeat for each zone that doesn't show the app.
- Open the app and go to the Sync tab
- Locate the section Shipping Zones, and then click the Sync Shipping Zones button.
Help Center > Common Questions